Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Play a Day: Frozen Fluid

Fly Jamerson
For Wednesday, I read Frozen Fluid (An Antarctic Gender Non-Conforming Creation Myth) by Fly Jamerson and posted at New Play Exchange.
“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” - Rev 22:13
An Antarctic fever dream, stretching back to the beginning of recorded time to the present moment, from when humans were all genders in one being, before being split apart by the gods, or by God, or by nature. For original life on Earth was one gender, all life was all one.

All-One! Dilute! Dilute! OK!
(If you get it, you get it.)

Three researchers (each who happen to identify as one of three genders) investigate the implications of global climate change, its effects on plankton and algae blooms, and the calamity of masses of dying whales. Exhibiting either dreams or madness, each get caught in spectacular considerations on identity, the importance of naming the animals, as Adam was said to have done, naming themselves, and naming each other.

What’s in a name? A name is a symbol that represents the individual. I changed my name when I turned eighteen, and I have never regretted that decision.

Who should I read tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment