Saturday, April 16, 2022

Process LXII

Received some wonderful news this week; I am a recipient of the Leonard Trawick Scholarship! Earlier this year I applied, including the first ten pages of my unproduced script No One Wants To Work Anymore.
The Leonard Trawick Scholarship was established to assist Cleveland State University students in creative writing and/or English and to honor Dr. Leonard Trawick for his dedication to the Poetry Center.
This is the first time I have ever received a merit-based, academic scholarship, and I am dead chuffed.

This week I have also been ill. It’s just a nasty, springtime cold. Every Covid test has proved negative, but it’s kept me out of public. I was able to use the day on Monday to finally break through and produce the first fifteen pages of the second act of my new work for the playwrights workshop.

We read these pages that night, and I was heartened by the fact that certain members of the class were even more unsettled by the second act than the first. That took some doing. And now the scenes are flowing freely. Maybe too freely.

Every scene feels more dangerous than the last. The complete, in-class reading is scheduled for two weeks from Monday. For my last two scripts I have had friends read it before the class gets to it. A fire pit may be in order. God, I love the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment