Friday, April 8, 2022

Process LXI

Last Saturday I wrote a lot. I had a big, empty day and filled it with work. Occasionally I took time off to interact with social media, maybe do a little housework. I’m not good at spending long hours just writing, but here’s the trick: I wasn’t writing only one thing.

I was editing The Wytches – yes, I’m going with that title for the rewrite – I was editing my notebooks about mom’s illness, I was ruminating on Phil Collins, I was imagining the second act of Scenes From a Night’s Dream (the working title and not by coincidence also a song by Genesis) and finally writing the response to a poetry reading I had attended a month ago.

Moving from project to project, I was able to accomplish a little with each of them. If I had concentrated on just one, I don’t believe I would have made much headway at all. What does that make me? An amateur diagnosis would attempt to ascribe any number of neurological variances, at my age I am not interested in knowing about any of them. I am happy to have figured out what works for me.

So, what will this weekend bring? I have a book to read and to write a response for, but I also have a goal of creating at least 20 new pages for my workshop. I think I can get that done before Monday night. Right? If only I didn’t have this freaking headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment