Saturday, January 22, 2022

Process LI

New specs.
A holiday and snow abridged my week, no Monday class and no Tuesday class. I was wondering how our recent advances in online education would affect the decision to have a “snow day” or weather emergency. We now have systems in place where teachers and students can easily meet from home, this was not the case only two years ago.

My Tuesday class is even supposed to be online, but as in person classes were suspended, they were all suspended, including the virtual classes. 

Also, I am a TA this semester, which is very interesting as I get to sit with absolutely no expectation of speaking. I have actually felt a great deal of stress in class because I always have something to say.

The weekend will be spent reading* because there is an awful lot of reading to be done. Reading and writing. Also, attending another rehearsal for the playwrights festival.

*Reading includes The Plague Year, Lawrence Wright's December 2020 New Yorker article covering of the first year of the Covid-19 Pandemic. This should be required reading for every American, but of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment