Saturday, March 13, 2021

Process XX

In the middle of the week, Wednesday around noon, Tim and I were about to teach a class. I was “subbing” I guess, he had been working with the class all week, I was stepping in for a couple days.

He asked me how things were going, the way you do, and I couldn’t even speak. I could barely create a coherent thought. I was about to teach a class. I have been reading scripts, I have been writing. I have been reading comics, I have been drawing comics. I have been writing text for one job, I have been writing text for the other job.

I have had classes, I have done housework, I have been trying to get out and run during the good weather even though I pulled a muscle in my calf. I have been dreaming the deep dreams, and I have also had a series of headaches that have interrupted my sleep.

One of the universities I attend had Spring Break this week, so I had one thing I didn’t need to deal with. 

I was supposed to sub Friday, too. I forgot to show up.

There is also the let-down from no longer having a show in production. The thing about Zoom plays, once you close your laptop it’s like they never happened. No programs, no ticket stubs, no memories of after-show talks in the lobby, no hugs.

But I do have a lovely little flowerpot my director presented me with, as a gift. I need to find something happy to grow in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment