Saturday, February 27, 2021

Process XVIII

Click to enlarge.
One of the things I failed to mention at the beginning of this semester was that I was afraid of failure. That I would fall short this second time out, that I had taken on too much. At the same time, I felt more alive than I have in years. 

I am no longer afraid. And I still feel alive. This, in spite of being largely sedentary. The snow, cold temperatures and sheer busyness have kept me from running, at all, for over a month. And I don’t care. And that’s not good.

Regardless, Taṇhā has opened, and I am very happy with that. I have settled into my assistantship, and I am very happy about that. Teaching classes remotely can be exhausting, but this past week was light and I was so very happy about that.

My “mini” comic, as you can see, was not so very mini. I deluded myself into thinking it might take a couple hours. It only took two hours to draft and complete a comic strip when I was in college … well, this one took the better part of three days. And I’m still not happy with it. I just got a new appt redo the voice balloons

Because I’m not done. I’m going to keep working at The Negative Zone.

For craft and theory I need to develop a twenty minute “quarantine” play, and I have an idea which I have gotten really excited about. It involves running, so? Now that the temps are above freezing, maybe I need to get off my butt.

Seriously, though. This new one-act script idea is driving me to distraction, and I am so jazzed about that.

"Savory Taṇhā (sixteen short plays performed by a rotating ensemble)" continues this Sunday at 6:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment