One of the more notable trolley coach operations was in Cleveland which started running the electric coaches in 1936. The first route instituted in Cleveland was the Hough line. This trolley coach route started operation on March 1, 1936 under the Cleveland Railway Company (CRC).
The line was to hold a special place in history as it was the first trolley coach line to actually enter a downtown area of a city with a million plus metropolitan population. This line required 20 cars to hold service. An additional 8 cars were purchased in 1937 to handle the increased ridership on the line. - Ohio Museum of Transportation