Saturday, February 26, 2022

Process LVI

Thespian Humor.
“These medieval witches knew …”


The witches are all around this week. On a single day I’m revising a spectral visitation for The Witches, debating novelist Caren Beilin’s self-described witchwork in her takedown on the medical establishment, Blackfishing the IUD, as well as my personally leading a one-on-one virtual lesson in The Crucible.

Of course, that was Tuesday.

This week has been very challenging, as I have been getting to bed after midnight pretty much every night, due to rehearsals for Test Fight taking place downtown. Remember when rehearsals were all online? Yeah, I’m grateful for the return to meatspace but it is a slog for this slightly older matron (that’s a reference, come see the performances next weekend.)

But I went to bed with a headache Wednesday night and woke Thursday with a full blown migraine which pretty much wrecked my day. Once I could think straight I was able to do some reading but, you know, that old Puritan Work Ethic, I felt like a monster calling off from classes.

I have to write a new play. I may have had a breakthrough, just today. I need to complete fifteen pages in the next forty-eight hours, but at least I finally have an agenda. Writing exercises have been fruitful but ultimately not leading to anything greater. I created a rubric for myself that I will be playing with. Wish me luck, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment