Social Justice Vol. 2 No. 6
August 31, 1936
The issue featured above includes continuing coverage of the Union Party Convention held in Cleveland in August, 1936.
* * *
My blog posts have slowed a bit in the past week as I have been reading the biography of a man who:
- Was backed by shadowy, right-wing finances.
- Communicated to his audience through mass-media and grand, public, staged events.
- Appealed to base instincts and fear.
- Made educating the people about the impending threat of Communist world-domination the centerpiece of his message.
- Detailed wildly complex and paranoid conspiracy theories.
- Fomented race-hatred in millions of his economically-challenged followers.
- Had an obsession regarding the possession of gold.
... Tomorrow we'll talk about Father Coughlin.
Drum fill. Happy Thanksgiving!